“At ::play:: we favor ability over experience. Here your actions say everything.”
- - ::players:: wear several hats and move effortlessly in and out of the project lead.
- - ::players:: innately set up conditions to measure outcomes and track performance.
- - ::players:: are agile.
- - ::players:: are an active part of the community, always reading, learning and training on the smartest approaches, applications and tools.
- - ::players:: understand that personal growth comes from personal change.
- - ::players:: continuously seek to work smarter and faster.
- - ::players:: collaborate.
are you a player?
- entrepreneurial :: creative:: agile:: leader::
- eager learner
- self motivated, task oriented, wicked team player
- that's not my job attitude
- innovative, creative problem solver
- super versatile, agile, thrives on being busy [moving between projects and tasks as needed]
- expands our capabilities and thinking, expands your own capabilities and thinking
- no prob as lead on projects for clients [timelines, client interactions…]
- if you like the agile manifesto and cluetrain manifesto… you’ll love us
- career growth
- earned time benefit [ETB] plan
- annual merit program
- medical / dental
- short/long term disability
- life insurance
- never work on your birthday
- annual surprise employee appreciation day
- great work environment – fun, hardworking people
- frequent cakes and chocolate – any excuse for a party!
1-4 years experience in web development. Every member of the ::play:: team has core skills + versatile cross-over talents. Come with, and/or come willing to learn, these core skills:
- agile programmer:: If you ruled the world everything would be in opensource, but you can work & learn in many client applications & language [Ruby, PHP, VB, C#] Oh yeah, for you it’s all about minimalist and pragmatic coding.
- web frameworks:: Easy breezy….[Classic ASP, ASP.net, Rails].
- system administration:: Maybe know it already or need to learn it on the job. No matter you can handle anything technology -- Windows Server, Linux, Web Servers [IIS, Apache, Nginx]. Database [MS Sql Server, MySql, Postgresql]. Mail Servers [MS Exchange, iMail, Postfix]. TCP/IP, DNS
cool crossover skills:: Streaming, XHTML, CSS, Photoshop... What else will you bring to the team?
Send the following to email@example.com
- List of your 3 favorite sites. These sites have a great design, interface, or purpose. You didn’t work on them, but secretly wish you did.
::play:: is expanding it’s team and looking for a few good contractors to take on various media and technology tasks. If you know you would make a reliable go-to contractor, talk to us.